Stockwood Discovery Centre, London Road, Luton, LU1 4LX
01582 548 600
See website for seasonal opening hours
Located in the original stables of Stockwood House, these galleries explore the history of the region from prehistoric times to the evolution of Stockwood House and the Farley estate.
• Start your tour with an introduction to Stockwood, with a gallery looking at its history for the last 200 years.
• Explore the changes to the environment in the Landscape and People Gallery.
• Meet some of the early inhabitants of the area in the Discover Archaeology Gallery and learn how we uncover the past.
• In the Roman and Anglo Saxon Gallery see the legacy that these people left us.
• Walk the streets of Luton in the 1400s in the Medieval Gallery.
• Thomas Wyatt Bagshawe was the museums first curator, in the Rural Trades Gallery see some of the craft and trade objects he collected from Bedfordshire villages in the 1930s-1950s.
Our forge is located next to this gallery.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.