Average ratingSee on map
Middlehill Road, Colehill, Wimborne, BH21 2HL
There have been libraries in Colehill for nearly 100 years; the first was opened in the Parish Hall in 1913, and founded by Henrietta Vaughan Williams (niece to the composer), then organist at St. Michael's Church.
The present Colehill Library opened as a branch library of the Dorset County Council Library Service in February 1974. It began with a selection of 5000 books, including selections for children and large-print volumes for the partially sighted.
It has proved to be a well used and popular community resource, producing issues over 40,000 per annum in 2010/11.
Since 2001 the consistent hard work and determination of The Friends of Colehill Library ensured that the library would remain open and run by volunteers. With the support of Colehill Parish Council and the Dorset Library Service, the library opened as COLEHILL COMMUNITY LIBRARY on 8th January 2013.
Please login first.