Dundee West End
Madgalen Green, DD2 1BA
Magdalen Green has the distinction of being Dundee's oldest city park having been in use for some 400 years and has long been used for both meeting and recreational purposes.
The bandstand built in 1890 has become a Dundee icon and hosts concerts on Sunday afternoons during the summer. Built at the Saracen Foundry by Walter Macfarlane & Co of Glasgow it was restored in 1991. The summer of 2009 saw the start of much needed repairs to make it safe for future public use.
In early 2010 Magdalen Green became an integral part of Dundee's flood defences. Four large water tanks were installed by Scottish Water to hold excess rainwater during periods of high tide.
See also the miniature version, on Perth Road
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.