West Town Farm
West Town Farm, Ide, Exeter, EX2 9TG
Local organic beef and pork producers West Town Farm have joined forces with local artisan charcuterie makers Good Game, knowledge for a fabulous day on the farm learning to do more with meat.
This course is aimed at any lover of good food who might want to make their own bacon or have a go at curing a Chorizo or two. This is a great way to get an appreciation of what goes into curing and what you need to do it at home.
The course will be hands on and you will leave the day with a few notes and recipes as well as some of our lovely pork to hang up at home to watch cure.
• Basic Cuts from a side of pork
• The bits most people don't use
• The cuts for fresh vs cured sausage
• Bacon and Pancetta
• Salami and Chorizo
• A look at Air Dried ham and other whole muscle meats
• Other meats: Venison, Beef, Veal, Rabbit etc…..
• An introduction to smoking
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.