Cwrt Cupboard Craft Gallery


  • Abergavenny

  • New Court Farm, Llantilio Pertholey, Abergavenny, NP7 8AU

  • 01873 852011

  • 10.30am-5pm

disabled access

The Court Cupboard Craft Gallery is housed in an ancient farm building dating back at least 500 years. Originally a granary and stable block, it is almost certainly older than the village ‘Courthouse' which stands alongside and was renovated in in 1643. The current Court Cupboard Gallery was opened by The Black Mountain Circle (BMC) in 1995 after substantial renovation of the old building. The former Piggery opposite was converted into a modern, fully equipped training centre in 2001. This wonderful renovation project was awarded a Bronze Medal in the annual ‘Buildings & Works' competition at the Royal Welsh Show in 2002.
For those interested in the architecture of our lovely building the 'Prison's Cell' still exists beneath the old Courtroom of the Court House next door to the exhibition gallery. However you will be pleased to hear it doesn't get much use today.

Add review