Queen Victoria Square, Hull, HU1 3RA
The Punch Hotel was originally built circa 1845, facing Waterhouse Lane. During the redevelopment of St John's street the original Punch was demolished, and re built to overlook Queen Victoria Square. The rebuild took place in 1895-96 and was commissioned by the Hull Brewery Company. The new elaborate frontage of the pub was designed by Smith, Broderick and Lowther. Now a grade II listed building, the Punch Hotel is recognised by many as an architectural masterpiece, which enjoys a prominant position.
Today the Punch Hotel trades as a traditional pub, offering good quality home cooked food, aswell as cask ales, wines and coffee. Although internally the pub has been transformed many times throughout its history, many traditional features can still be enjoyed. The most noticable of these being the intricate detail of the ceiling.
See website for more details
Please login first.