Tudor Lodge, Victoria Ave East, M40 5SH
0161 682 9234
6-Mar-13 to 6-Mar-15
Please check with club
History - History 1<br /><br /><br />In the beginning<br /><br /> The club was formed in the 1921 / 1922 season by Eric Pendlebury and Alan Farmer. It went under the name of Prestwich Rugby Union Football Club. Although they only started with one team there were enough players to finish the season in 1922 with two teams.<br /><br /> The first ground was on Phillips Park Road near the centre of Prestwich. The teams washed and changed in the Wilton Arms pub. A local farmer kept cows on the playing field during the week. The original strip of Royal blue and gold was quickly changed to chocolate brown with gold trim as this was easier to keep clean!<br /><br /> In 1926 the club moved to Heaton Park, to fields near to the St. Margarets entrance. The club paid £2 12 shillings annual rent for a small house nearby for changing.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.