Merton High Street, Colliers Wood, SW19
0208 545 3678
25-Jul-16 to 25-Jul-21
Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun, Dawn 'til dusk
Wandle Park is a pleasant local amenity space off Merton High Street near to the town of Colliers Wood in the north of Merton. The park lies alongside the river Wandle, an area rich in early industrial history, and is of informal design consisting of grass, a linear path, with trees generally beside the river and newer wetland features.
The 19th century stone drinking fountain was erected through private subscription in memory of Robert Bloomfield Fenwick (1835-1897), who had lived at Wandle Park. It was formerly decorated with medallions of heads, now missing.
The park was once the site of Wandlebank House, built in 1791 by James Perry and owned by him until 1821. Lord Nelson is thought to have visited Wandle Park House on a number of occasions, together with Emma and Sir William Hamilton. The house was demolished in 1962.
The park has a playground for children.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.