Ranworth, Ranworth, NR13 6HT
The building that we see today is mostly 14th and 15th century with a church tower (called Cathedral of the North) that can be climbed, 89 steps 2 ladders and a trap door, with wonderful views of the River Bure and 5 broads.
The Antiphoner a beautiful illuminated service book written in Medieval Latin was given to the church by William Cobbe in the late 15th century. Lost in the 16th century, it was rediscovered and bought for the parish in 1912 and is still in excellent condition.
Another glory of this church is the painted medieval screen. The most complete and best example in the country, it portrays the apostles and popular saints of the 15th century
Behind the church in the old coach house is the visitor's centre and tea rooms.
Sometimes called the cathedral of the Broads, climb the 89 spiral steps and two ladders to the top of the tower for the best view in Broadland.
Please login first.