Chapel Street, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6HE
0115 984 6914
£4 adults, £3 students, £2 children, £10 family
Wed-Sat 11am-4.30pm Apr-Nov, Sun 1.30-4.30pm Apr-Sep. From 1Dec-22 Mar Fri only 10am-3.30pm
Nottinghamshire folk have been Framework Knitting for over 400 years.
- Discover how the Knitters lived and worked
- Visit the workshops and see a Framework Knitter in action
- Create your own souvenir on a circular knitting machine
- Explore the garden, the wash house and other period buildings
- View our historic collection of hosiery including Queen Victoria's stockings
- See the poor living and working conditions, which gave rise to the Luddite revolt
- Discover the craft, which gave birth to the Nottingham Lace Industry
Two brand-new exhibitions recently opened - including the UK's first gallery entirely dedicated to the Luddite revolt.
As part of the museum's redevelopment, special effects have been added to bring the museum to life for the visitor, and a new sense of drama and interaction will mean they will get to experience the site in a completely unique way.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.