Corn Exchange,, Market Place,, Wallingford, OX10 0EG
Erected in 1856, the iron arches were cast by local ironfounders Wilder's - it ran a weekly corn market. The building operated as a grain exchange until the First World War. It was occasionally used as a cinema, boxing arena, auction room and theatre after that. After the Second World War it was used as a food office, and also an unemployment office and for the Social Security Ministry. The derelict building was purchased by the Sinodun Players in 1975 and converted into a modern theatre and cinema.
Please login first.