Warren Road, Wanstead, E11 2LU
9-Mar-16 to 9-Mar-21
Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun, 8 am - dusk
**copy and photos from Redbridge i and City of London.gov:
Grade II listed, 140-acre woodland - managed by City of London
The park is part of Epping Forest and formerly the site of the historical Wanstead House. Wanstead Park retains a small number of original remains from the impressive 18th century mansion and includes the following features:
* diverse wildlife and plants
* landmark nature reserve known as 'Ornamental Waters'
* a range of artificial ponds and rough grassland
* a choice of walking routes across the terrain
* seasonal fishing on Perch Pond and Ornamental Waters which is free to members of the public
* a small museum within the 'Temple', a restored out-building containing guides and artifacts from the original building
* 'The Grotto', a boathouse and part of the original historic premises
* a kiosk serving hot and cold food
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.