The Old Deer Park, 187 Kew Rd, Richmond, TW9 2AZ
18-Jun-13 to 18-Jun-15
contact the venue
Six grass courts - three all-weather tiger turf courts - four hard courts...
Richmond Lawn Tennis Club was established in 1873/74, on the Old Deer Park where it was written, ‘King George III Merino sheep kept the pastureland in excellent condition'. According to the historian Pat Lindon, the patenting of the game of lawn tennis and the formulation of its rules were instigated by Major Walter Wingfield in 1874. This means RLTC was amongst the earliest tennis clubs in the country.
Club tournaments were popular events by 1900 and by 1912 many of the fixtures we play today against local clubs had been established.
RLTC membership has included county players, Wimbledon tournament players, referees and non-sleeping linesmen.
Their courts have also hosted pre-Wimbledon tournaments.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.