Landguard Nature Reserve
Landguard Common, Felixstowe, IP11 2EY
Open access to the reserve.
Covering approximately 33 hectares (81 acres) this shingle spit on the southern tip of Suffolk's stunning coastline offers a variety of flora and fauna. Unusual and rare plants, migrating birds, military history and huge ships arriving and departing at Britain's busiest container port.
The Nature Reserve is designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest due to the rarity of vegetated shingle habitat, and a Scheduled Ancient Monument because of the historic military significance of the sites fortifications spanning over the past 400 years.
- Enjoy a cycle ride along Route 51 (part of the National Cycle Network).
- Don't miss a stroll on the boardwalk
- Climb up our mini mountains - the man-made 'Butts' which offer great seashore views.
- Bring your binoculars to spot rare and resident birdlife.
- Go beachcombing
- Special events, guided tours and children's activities
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.