West Clandon, GU4 7QR
See site for details
Following the amalgamation of The Queen's Royal Regiment and the East Surrey Regiment in 1959, the ownership and management of museum artefacts and archives was vested in The Queen's Royal Surrey Regiment Museum Trust.
Following the closure of Regimental Headquarters and Museum in the Keep at Kingston–upon–Thames the artefacts had to be put in store. Thanks to the efforts of Colonel JW Sewell agreement was reached with the National Trust for use of rooms in the basement at Clandon Park. The museum opened in 1981.
Major upgrades took place in 2001 and 2011; the later with half funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund. In the same year, the Museum Trustees concluded that it was in the best long term interests to merge with the Trustees of the museum of the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment and Queen's Regiment. The museum was renamed The Surrey Infantry Museum.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.