Percy Street, NE30 4HA
The Priory Theatre club was formed in 1946 by Miss Ria Thompson and the first plays were performed in Holy Saviour's Parish Hall.
After many successful and happy years it was possible for the club to find a more permanent home and The Wesleyan Chapel in Percy Street was purchased in 1972.
It is a source of great pride that we own our very own theatre and it is due to the enterprise of our founder members that we are in this happy position. Visitors describe the theatre as "a little jewel" and over the years we have undertaken building work and refurbishment to ensure the comfort of our patrons and good facilities for our members.
Please login first.