In September 2009 it became law for every new SENCO in a mainstream school to gain this Master's-level National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators within 3 years of taking up the post.
This programme is also highly relevant for experienced SENCOs and a valuable option for CPD, resulting in 60 credits towards a Masters degree. We also offer each of the three modules separately (each module is worth 20 credits); these are:
• Orientation and Perspectives on SEN and Inclusive Practice
• Evidence Based Practice and Inclusion
• Whole School Development Enabling Inclusion
In partnership, Serco and the University of Wolverhampton have successfully delivered this programme since it began in 2009 with over 1000 participants gaining the NASENCO Award.
We have developed a programme that meets the needs of busy and demanding schedules of SENCOs across the country. In short our programme:
• is tailored to the individual
• is work-based and rooted in everyday practice
• is delivered by experienced SENCOs and educational psychologists
• offers flexibility through distance learning
• reduces the impact of time out of school
Please login first.