Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

live-in help for single mum Nov '16

(5 Posts)
2ndheartbeatnme Sun 05-Jun-16 12:52:10

Hi there, 14weeks and doing it alone. Think I'll need some live-in help for the first 3 months. I'm due at the end of November. Anyone know of someone?

BarnetEnfieldEditor Tue 07-Jun-16 22:16:41

Hi 2ndheartbeatnme thank you so much for posting and I'll share your post on our Twitter and Facebook to see if anyone can recommend for you. The best of luck with your pregnancy flowers.

donkir Tue 07-Jun-16 22:24:51

Try childcare.co.uk and also gumtree.

2ndheartbeatnme Tue 07-Jun-16 22:49:29

Thanks both! I'll look on childcare.Co.uk
Just need someone trust worthy around, even if I'm doing all the childcare.

Oakeydoakey Mon 13-Feb-17 22:50:42

Hi. I'm really randomly looking at stuff cos my friend is in the same position as you and is considering having someone move in with her. She's not sure though. Nervous about not finding the right person. (Lacking in self confidence after relationship breakdown the main problem I think)
I do know of a local family who have a German student come to stay every year, and they help out with the kids and some house work. (I'm always a bit envious that they don't have the stress getting everyone out of the door moment on work days. I hate that part of getting to childminders!)I think they do it in return for free rent, with extra 'pocket money, if they do extra hours, something like that) I Hope you got something sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now