Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Potty training help

(3 Posts)
ReturnoftheBrum Mon 13-Feb-17 07:55:58

Hello, we have returned to Brum after living overseas. My DD is in the middle of potty training, we have mastered peeing but just progressing with the pooping on the toilet when we moved. She's 3 and a half, and will only poop in her nappy. Is there a service or 'expert' we can contact in Birmingham that can help? When we lived in London there were sleep and eating 'gurus' that helped parents with these issues, which we thankfully have never had. So just wondering if there is someone to help with potty training here, as we have done everything we can to encourage her. I want to help her onto the next stage without making it a huge issue, but at the same time aware she'll be going to school soon. Cheers

MNBirminghamLocalEd Thu 16-Feb-17 14:50:34

Hi ReturnoftheBrum

Sorry for the radio silence. I've not come across anyone offering services like this yet but will keep researching for you.

Meanwhile, have you asked for (free!) help from your Health Visitor? They have regular drop-ins and will offer reassurance and advice.

Potty training can be very stressful, but your DD is still only 3. Loads and loads of enthusiastic praise worked for my stubbornest child!

wine and cake for you.

ReturnoftheBrum Thu 16-Mar-17 15:52:53

Thank you! Will try HV

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now