Middle Street Primary

(4 Posts)
Catface78 Wed 03-May-17 10:01:24

My husband and I are house hunting in Brighton. We were mainly looking at houses in the catchment for Stanford. However, we've found a great place that's not. It is the catchment for Middle Street. Middle Street looks like a fab school from what I can see on the website. But any first hand experiences would be helpful!
Thanks!

brightonbug Thu 04-May-17 13:32:58

hello, I thought I would reply as no one else has, even though I don't know much about these schools.

We don't have catchment areas as such in Brighton - places are allocated by distance. The council have published the admissions figures for 2017-18 entry here so you can see how close you would have needed to live if you had applied this year. Apologies if you already know this!

If your child is already in school and you need to apply in year, this info might not be as helpful.

A lot of the undersubscribed schools on this list are perfectly good schools too.

GreenGoblin0 Sun 14-May-17 10:29:15

I have friends with children who go to middle street. it has a good reputation. you have to live very close to the school to get in though as its a one form entry school-see link PP has posted. you don't say how old your child /children is/are if you would be making an in year application then you would not necessarily get a place in a school close by - it would depend on where has places available at the time

Flitter123 Tue 16-May-17 15:00:23

Hi from what I remember Middle Street is a lovely laid back little school with a very arty/bohemian vibe. It is right in the centre of town tho so very little outside space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now