Preston Park to London trains

(2 Posts)
Goujonsarestillfingers Tue 16-May-17 18:18:04

Hi all,

So we are considering a move from London down to Brighton. I went to Sussex University and we've loved Brighton forever but not been in a position to leave London until now. My question is - I work from home so I'm fine but dh will have to go into London from work. I see there are direct trains from Preston Park - can anyone advise as to how likely you are to get a seat on these trains in the morning rush hour (around 7:40ish). Any advice very gratefully received!

Brightonagain Wed 24-May-17 14:12:19

Hi there, I had a thread on here too but it's very quiet. We are thinking of moving back to Brighton too having lived in London since we had kids (but, like you, spent a long time living in Brighton pre-kids). As I understand it the trains are pretty crap at the moment but I think there is every hope they will improve. I will probably be working from home too and DH commuting 2/3 days a week. I think if you're not doing it every day it is much more doable. However I do know people doing it every day. I used to many years ago too but that was pre-kids when all I cared about was getting home in time for a drink on the beach smile Sorry I can't directly answer your questions about the Preston Park train but thought I would chip in anyway. We might be looking at property around there too. Currently checking out schools etc, things we didn't even consider when we lived there pre-kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now