Balfour Road - Southville

(8 Posts)
Slummymom82 Thu 11-May-17 23:21:35

Hi all

I am hoping to move to Southville with family in next few months. Whilst browsing on Rightmove I saw a new development on Balfour Road. Houses look (in theory) great and spacious - however I understand that there is a halfway house very close by and, according to police stats quite high levels of anti social behaviour (not saying the two are linked!).

I know that this is quite a specific query, but would be extremely grateful for anyone's feedback on the road and area at large.

Thanks v much

NiceHouseShitCar Fri 12-May-17 16:38:34

I'm assuming it was you who posted on the local Facebook page too. Lots of responses there that are quite fair IMHO. The proximity to the road junction would also put me off.

Slummymom82 Fri 12-May-17 17:21:17

Thanks!

JunebabyT Sat 13-May-17 07:35:10

I live fairly close by and am not aware of the halfway house. Wouldn't have expected particularly high crime levels either. I wouldn't have an issue with the street - it's a good location really close to North St and there are good primary schools and nurseries nearby.

My main qualm about those streets is parking but I think that Balfour road development has parking spaces or garages.

EarlyDino Sat 13-May-17 19:36:18

It's a great part of Bristol and I don't know of anyone who's had problems with the "halfway house". North Street is active but chilled, and it's easy to get into central Bristol too.

2014newme Mon 15-May-17 12:52:52

Southville is lively community and a good central place to live
Problem is the absence of a decent secondary school unless you are church goers which is why many families move or go private or get religion once their kids hit secondary age.

NiceHouseShitCar Tue 16-May-17 17:34:46

absence of a decent secondary school I've heard ( only on mumsnet) this ever since I moved here about five years ago but have not met one family who have moved or found religion. confused

2014newme Tue 16-May-17 17:45:47

It's great they ate happy with available secondary provision then. 😀
I wouldn't be though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now