Clifton College - any experiences?

(3 Posts)
knowler Thu 25-May-17 13:38:00

Hi All,

I'm considering Clifton College for my 2 DS. One would start in Year 3, and the other in reception. One of the reasons i'm looking at it as opposed to BGS or Clifton High is that being a boarding school, it could potentially offer some extra support to me and DP in terms of pastoral and wrap-around care.

We both work full time with no other support such as family. I don't want to employ a nanny or get an au pair so was wondering if this would be a possible approach?

If they did go, we'd try to keep them there til age 18 (assuming they like it etc).

3boysNeedABiggerKitchen Thu 25-May-17 14:00:32

I have 2 DSs at clifton and have nothing but good experiences.
They are sporty and Clifton has plenty to keep them busy. It is expensive, but strong pastorally, seems ok academically, good for sport, music etc.
We both work and the wrap around care is crucial for us.
Go and have a look around, I think seeing the kids and teachers will make your mind up either way.
Good luck

knowler Thu 25-May-17 15:59:28

Thanks 3boys, that's really helpful. I'm sure I'll be blown away by the facilities etc when I look round so it'll be important to me to see the kids and how they interact with each other, teachers etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now