Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Hayes or locksbottom/Farnborough

(4 Posts)
Feellikerubbish Fri 17-Mar-17 20:03:26

We were thinking of moving to Hayes and today decided to visit the estate agents. We visited Hayes school last year and liked it and we also visited Darrick wood and again liked this school too. We wasn't keen on Orpington area but had only seen the area around the high street and school. But for this reason we decided on Hayes. Today we also visited agents near Darrick wood and went to Locksbottom to see the agents there. We really liked this part.

Now we are not sure on Hayes or locksbottom/Farnborough within the catchment of Darrick wood.

Hayes was more peaceful and quiet and I love the farm with the horses! Locksbottom and around darrick wood has a bigger children's play area and a big sainsburys, more restaurants and shopping and hospital. Both areas are different and we like both!

Anyone have kids in Darrick wood or Hayes and live in locksbottom/Farnborough or Hayes and can let me know more about these areas (good and bad points) so we can try and make up our minds!

Thank you!

Patry Mon 20-Mar-17 07:12:08

Mmmmmm
Difficult one. I think both are good.
I guess to me wherever I found the house I like.
But then maybe Orpington has better transport links?

Feellikerubbish Mon 20-Mar-17 12:41:12

Orpington does have better transport links although I wouldn't need it Nd my partner will drive to work....

Orpington is busier and hayes more quiet.

confused

nancy75 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:33:12

I have lived in a few bits of Bromley (Shortlands, beckenham,Hayes & West Wickham) I wouldn't live in Orpington. Orpington has more than Hayes but it's not as nice. Locks bottom nice enough little parade of shops but loads of traffic and ambulance noise from the hospital

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now