Working parents, what do your KS3 DC do in the holidays?

(5 Posts)
ChestertonCharley Thu 16-Mar-17 13:16:12

Planning ahead a bit here as DS1 is Y5, but I'd be interested to find out what's available locally.

Thanks in advance

Bordersarethebest Thu 16-Mar-17 13:27:34

Things change at secondary. Lots of them get buses and trains to school and are much more independent.

In the shorter hols DD stays home alone a lot of the time and watches PLL etc on Netflix. I work about 15 mins drive away and my mum lives locally. DH and I stagger some of our annual leave so it's rarely a full week.

Sometimes she goes out to meet friends.

DS is older and did the same. He would have hit the roof if I'd tried to organise clubs or childcare.

SiliconJen Thu 16-Mar-17 17:11:02

Hang out at home, alone or with friends; meet friends in town; cycle over to my work (15min) for lunch. Some I know do the county council run netball/athletics/rounders clubs (10-3ish at wilberforce road or histon usually) but I have never convinced mine to!

PippaFawcett Thu 16-Mar-17 22:08:55

Stagecoach does a roaring trade in Cambridge with this kind of age group

ChestertonCharley Fri 17-Mar-17 12:13:35

Thanks everyone. DS2 isn't going to be happy going to holiday clubs alone! Already staggering annual leave a bit to keep costs down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now