Summer holiday clubs

(6 Posts)
CharlieB161 Tue 23-May-17 21:25:05

Hi! Just wondered what the good holiday clubs in Cambridge (especially north or west) and surrounding areas, are? An educational or sporty club / summer school, preferred. Age 5 to 7 range. Looking for somewhere where staff are v v good and trustworthy and I can feel safe leaving little ones! Thank you, thank you for any advice! smile

GirtonGirl Wed 24-May-17 06:27:10

Hi Charlie
Check out 'Smartkidz Play and Learn' at Girton Glebe school - on their website or Facebook page. They have lots of outside space for the children to play in, including forest school type activities & use of the school pool in the summer, and do lots of structured activities each day. It is used for holiday childcare by families outside of Girton too so not all the children already know each other. Open 8am - 6pm throughout the holidays. My daughter really enjoys it.

ChestertonCharley Wed 24-May-17 13:29:06

Cambridge Kids Club, which has various locations, might be worth a look too.

GirtonGirl Wed 31-May-17 19:33:32

Hi Charlie,
Your younger child is too young for this one at the moment, as they are for age 7+ (year 2 up) but you did ask for sporty clubs... (And may be useful to someone else)
Netball camps and Athletics camps from 24-27 July only.
Organised by Cambridge and South Cambs Sports Partnership (who arrange sports events for schools)
For more information contact: Holiday.Camps@scambs.gov.uk or Tel: 01954 713070
To book a place go to: www.scambs.gov.uk/sportscamps

oyeMuma Thu 01-Jun-17 01:50:02

New croft club (at newnham croft school)

GirtonGirl Thu 01-Jun-17 16:10:54

Another sporty one - Chesterton sports centre on Gilbert Road run Sports holiday clubs. I've not used them myself as I prefer the more enclosed nature of a holiday club at a school, but maybe worth a look.
www.chestertonsportscentre.org.uk/latestnews/holiday-camps/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now