Thinking of moving to godmanchester, advice needed

(3 Posts)
eviesbluemoon Mon 07-Sep-15 22:19:17

Hi,
Hoping someone can help answer my many questions - will try and keep it short! We're thinking of moving out of central Cambridge where we rent to godmanchester. We've seen a house we'd like to buy. I've got an 18-month old who will need to go into nursery 3 days a week. As much as I'd love to buy in Cambridge it's just not feasible and there are not many properties for sale in the neighbouring villages.

My questions are:
A) is there much to do in godmanchester, esp with an 18-month-old?
B) what are the nurseries like?
C) is it a youngish village/town?
D) is it easy to meet other parents?
E) is the commute into Cambridge easy - I know driving at peak hour can be a pain but what are the public transport options? (I work in Cambridge)

I'm a bit nervous about the move and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tracy

kellyjane04 Sat 18-Mar-17 07:48:54

hi did you ever get any responses??? im moving there soon and feeling the same!!

fenlander Mon 27-Mar-17 10:33:05

I don't live in Godmanchester but near & know the area reasonably well. It is a village on the outskirts of Huntingdon. You can cycle to the train station or drive to the guided buss way at St Ives. Not the easiest commute to Cambridge, but it is a lovely village. I assume you are looking at the new build estate, this is on the outskirts of Godmanchester? It looks nice when I drive past it. But it is a little bit of walk to the main village. The old village is gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now