Moving to London

(4 Posts)
ParisToLondonMamon Thu 18-May-17 18:42:34

I am moving to London from Paris next month !! Currently searching for somewhere for me and my daughter (16) to live and have settled on a nice two bedroom flat in Belgravia. We visited the place a few weeks ago and it all seemed very nice, but looking at comparable properties it seems a little expensive, even areas very close by were much cheaper!

Would I be a fool to buy in Belgravia, I do love the place and it has such a pretty south facing terrace which just can't seem to find anywhere else, but is the area overpriced. Any other recommandations?

ps. Excuse my English. My first MN post!!

Solasum Fri 19-May-17 12:26:32

Belgravia is probably the most expensive part of London, even more so than Mayfair!

ParisToLondonMamon Sat 20-May-17 11:05:51

I knew it was pricey, but the most expensive!? London must be cheaper than I thought, coming from paris everywhere seems reasonable to me. I have seen another actual house in Notting Hill (Clarendon Road if you know it) for exactly the same price, but whats this i hear about a carnival??

Solasum Sat 20-May-17 18:27:42

Where will your daughter be going to school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now