Where to live?

(8 Posts)
Nicsywicsy Wed 18-Jan-17 14:56:06

Hi, newbie here so please be kind smile

We are moving to Devon in a few months, we need to be near Exeter for my son's new school and husbands commute. Obv we are visiting but there are so many lovely places to explore I could do with some friendly advice!

I would like to be within 20 mins of the sea and not isolated. I would like a lovely big garden though and not too far from a shop!
Thanks in advance for any ideas!

EggFlipped Thu 19-Jan-17 06:47:31

Look at Exmouth, Woodbury and Teignmouth.

What's your budget?

Nicsywicsy Thu 19-Jan-17 09:02:29

Thank you, am looking as we speak. We are moving from London so budget is ok for those areas I think!

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 19-Jan-17 20:18:01

Look at Topsham and Lympstone too

AdoraBelleDear Thu 26-Jan-17 15:06:11

Hi Folks,

My hubby and I are looking at relocating this year. Our budget to buy is approx. £250k. Hoping to start a family too. Was looking at the A303/A30 corridor. We are travelling down tomorrow to take a look at Honiton, Ottery St Mary and Exeter. Apart from those you've listed, is there anywhere else?

booklover79 Thu 26-Jan-17 15:12:00

Hi all, if you don't mind going a little further south, Bovey Tracy and Ashburton are very nice. 20 minutes from Exeter down the A38. In other areas, Starcross is nice; or the north side of Dartmoor, Moretenhampstead/Chagford/North Bovey if you don't mind being a little further out - although if you're coming from London then you may want to stay in a larger town!

Acorn44 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:16:17

Villages/towns to the east of Exeter are lovely, but expensive - Exton, Topsham, Lympstone, WestHill, Sidmouth etc. Good schools, but an older demographic possibly.

Villages/towns just off the A38 make getting to Exeter easier. Chudleigh is wonderful for families, lots to do but a community feel and is cheaper than the eastern side of the city.

Can personally recommend the villages bordering Exeter - you get the best of both worlds eg. Ide, Broadclyst, Stoke Cannon, Clyst St George, Clyst St Mary.

I love the rural areas, having always lived here, but sometimes people coming from larger cities struggle with the slower pace and lack of facilities.

AdoraBelleDear Mon 27-Mar-17 12:13:01

That's excellent info thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now