Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Healthy places to live

(4 Posts)
KatieB1920 Sat 04-Mar-17 20:53:56

Hi ladies,
I'm a Devon girl but recently moved back from Australia with my hubby and kids after living there for 8 years.
We had a super healthy and outdoor lifestyle in Oz, and want to try to find a place that is a health hub. We are staying in east Devon with family at the moment, but need to find somewhere asap as the kids have to start school next term, and we don't even have a school for them yet!!! SO STRESSED!
My hubby needs to get to Bristol as he's a Freelancer, so we can't really move West or too far south.
Thank you for your help, i'm a mum on the edge at the moment. xxx

EggFlipped Mon 06-Mar-17 19:05:00

Exmouth?
Cycle track to Lympstone/Topsham/Exeter or towards Budleigh for cycling/running/walking.
Seafront for running/scooting/cycling etc.
Beach for swimming. Also volleyball. Rowing.
Sailing.
Rugby club.
Football club.
Cricket club.
Decent indoor swimming pool
Sports centre.
Tennis centre.
Golf in Budleigh Salterton.
Phear Park is a great outdoor space.

There's probably a lot more. I don't even live there.

EggFlipped Mon 06-Mar-17 19:07:24

Exmouth Harriers seem to be very good if you're into running.
Woodbury common and the coastal path are great for walking

Acorn44 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:04:09

Taking schools and access to M5 into account, I'd suggest villages to East of Exeter - beach and moor both close by. Lots of great cycle paths on Exe. Woodbury, Golf and Country and David Lloyd nearby for indoor sports.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now