Advice with Move to Barnstaple Area, thanks

(5 Posts)
user1488630001 Fri 14-Apr-17 18:15:05

Hi, we are moving to the Barnstaple area from Oxfordshire due to husband's work. We know a little about Braunton but apart from that are clueless on where to live. We have an 8yr old boy and 2yr old girl. It would be easy for us to be swept away by the idea of living near the beautiful coastline, but ultimately, we would like to be a part of the community, where there are children for ours to play with (not too rural), good schools, and if it were close to the sea so much the better! I would really appreciate any advice especially from anyone who made a similar move themselves, thanks

NorthDevonisGreat Fri 28-Apr-17 19:08:53

Lots of lovely area's in North Devon. Sticklepath area is really nice and the school is fabulous with lots of friendly parents, a great PTFA and have found very welcoming. Barnstaple is the main town in the area but not far from most of the beaches. There are 2 secondary schools to chose from one is good with outstanding features and the other not good - see the Ofsteds.
Braunton is also nice but the centre is completely blocked and a nightmare to drive through during the 'season'. Good luck with the move and welcome to a very special, friendly place to live.

user1488630001 Sat 29-Apr-17 09:14:43

Thanks NorthDevonisGreat, we haven't seen much of Sticklepath yet but have been through Fremington, do you know much about Fremington as an area?

NorthDevonisGreat Wed 03-May-17 20:29:04

I don't know a lot of Fremington, although it has its own primary school (not as good at Sticklepath but not bad). Post office, shops and pubs and a chinese restaurant. Lots of new home appear to be built in that area. The bus route through Fremington to Barnstaple or to Bideford (opposite direction) is really good with buses passing through every 10 minutes.

newtodev Thu 04-May-17 18:44:12

Hi I may also be moving to Barnstaple / Bideford from Oxon..
When are you hoping to move..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now