Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Moving to coastal Dorset

(3 Posts)
user1489703965 Thu 16-Mar-17 22:44:21

We've been living in Australia for the past 6 years (originally from Somerset) and we are thinking of coming back next year. My aussie kids will then be nearly 5 and nearly 3.
We are looking for somewhere to live near the beach and great schools, swimming pool and activities for the kids!

We will be renting to begin with.

I'm a Personal Assistant and hubby is a graphic designer, so will need to live in a town or easy access to a main town!

Can you send me some areas you recommend with good school close by?

Many thanks

coffeeisnectar Fri 17-Mar-17 16:09:31

Bournemouth, Poole, Southbourne are all great places to live with good schools.

Literally anywhere along the Dorset coast has stunning beaches. There are places further out, Broadstone, Wimborne, Ferndown which all have lovely schools and are quieter but in easy reach of beaches and towns.

FauxFox Fri 17-Mar-17 17:44:36

Lilliput first school and Baden Powell junior school in poole are fabulous - the catchment area is £££ though but worth a look. I couldn't have been more impressed with those schools - better than private school in my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now