Which hospital to choose for antenatal care??

(4 Posts)
carlalou76 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:08:52

Hi

I live in Northolt and moved down here from the Midlands two years ago. I have just found out I am pregnant (4 weeks) and I called my doctors to book an appt, only to be told that I have to make contact directly with a hospital as opposed to seeing a GP and it being done through them. I don't have a clue and this is my first pregnancy. I would really appreciate some recommendations (and places to avoid!)

baafamily Tue 25-Apr-17 11:56:35

Think it depends what you want? Are you hoping to have a homebirth or give birth in the midwife led suite? Do you plan to give birth on labour ward?

I would review all the stats and info for each of your options, c-section rate, facilities for water birth, homebirth transfer rate, whatevers important to you. I would also read general reviews of people's experiences and consider the transfer/travel time to the hospital as an important aspect.

AsiyahB Thu 04-May-17 04:26:34

Oh my goodness!!! I live in Northolt too and I recently found out I was pregnant too!!!! I have a GP appointment so I'm going to see what they say hmm

MayBaby1 Fri 19-May-17 13:45:26

It may be too late, but definitely Queen Charlotte

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now