Edinburgh estate agent recommendations?

(7 Posts)
chateau73 Sat 27-May-17 08:01:21

I realise this has probably been asked on here before, but I'm new to the site and wanted to get some more recent feedback.

Our house has been on the market for a while now (10 weeks).We have used the services of an online estate agency, but apart from putting the house on Rightmove they seem to be doing little else by way of marketing. Can anyone who has sold recently in or around Edinburgh give me some recommendations on an estate agent we could use to market (and sell!) our property?

Any to avoid?

Thanks!

Heather

Buckeyedjim Sat 27-May-17 21:20:06

I have used and been happy with Warners. However, they don't do anything special to market it - in the window, on rightmove, in the espc (do you not appear on espc? I never used to even look at rightmove, pretty sure espc is the go-to site). Do you have open viewings or by appt only? Are you making it easy to viewers to get in? Are you photos and description satisfactory?

tribal Sat 27-May-17 22:49:24

Make sure you are on espc. Anyone buying in Edinburgh will use that as their guide.

PentlandView Sun 28-May-17 04:20:30

Simpson & Marwick recently sold my property and I thought they were good.

chateau73 Sun 28-May-17 07:46:32

Thanks, Warners is a name that's come up before (in a good sense!), along with Lindsays.

Happy with the brochure, photos etc. but agent is online based (no Edinburgh office or shop window) and probably more importantly, not an ESPC member, so no listing in the property paper! Maybe this is part of the problem?. Agent is conducting all viewings and we are very flexible (we have been agreeing to any time or day of the week and often at short notice).

chateau73 Sun 28-May-17 07:49:11

Our agent is not an ESPC member it would appear, so no ESPC listing for us.....

Time for a change maybe?

hmm

chateau73 Sun 28-May-17 07:49:35

Thanks, I will check them out......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now