Help! George Watson vs George Heriot for 2017/2018

(2 Posts)
CaliforniaLoveEdinburgh Wed 31-May-17 15:24:54

Hello, fellow mums,

Has any of you had children in both GWC and GH? Or can share experience about either school?

My dilemma: we just bought a house within walking distance of George Watson, but our daughter is supposed to start school at George Heriot in P1 this August. (Good problem)
--> Should I loose our deposit for GH and try to get a spot at GWC if one becomes available?

Our situation:
- We recently moved to Edinburgh from California. Didn't have much time to properly research schools before having to choose one.
- Daughter is athletic and intellectual, and sensitive. She was a bit nervous before the assessments, and I loved the way the teachers at GH took the time to make her feel better. At GWC, they just cut the session short and it felt like they were getting rid of her.
- I plan on going back to work full-time, so school drop-off/ pickups is more important than it was for us a few months ago

All in all, it sounds like both schools are great. I'm just trying to figure out if I should make a big fuss and push for GWC this late in the year, just for the closeness to our home and for the better facilities. Or stay at GH when they demonstrated such care and patience for my DD...

Help! What is your experience?
Also, do you have any comparison between both schools at the Senior level?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

PentlandView Wed 31-May-17 23:04:25

There are a lot of threads on this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now