Good doctor in Eltham?

(5 Posts)
PollyPops1 Tue 09-Aug-16 14:20:22

Hi all,
I've just moved from Brixton to Eltham only one week ago and it's time i registered with a medical clinic (21 month old + another on the way means doctor appointments are a regular part of our lives right now). I don''t want to rely too much on reviews however it has to be said that the online comments for all the clinics i looked up are pretty woeful.

I just wondered if anyone could share a positive experience they have had with one of the clinics, or like one enough that they would recommend it?

It's daunting enough getting to know a new area and settle in but the thought of not having a decent doctor's is a little too much. As i said, i know i shouldn't pay too much heed to reviews, but words like 'dismal' and 'stay away!' are kind of hard to ignore.
TIA

Jaune Thu 09-Feb-17 18:32:33

Hello PollyPops1! I hope you are well in Eltham. I am looking to join a doctor here and find myself in the same predicament you expressed in August. I wonder whether you found a good doctor, and if so could please advise me?

I would very much appreciate your advice.

Thank you very much indeed.

user1471477415 Fri 17-Feb-17 05:12:01

Moved to Eltham when my DD was born last August and joined the Eltham Medical Centre at the Community Hospital as it was the same place as the HV clinics. Drs and Nurses are lovely and helpful.

genna1310 Tue 21-Feb-17 03:11:28

Us a a family 4 generations are all joint to Eltham medical practice for 21yrs.... some lovely receptionists some down right horrible!
Wait time for an appointment with a certain dr can be 2/3 weeks but can get same day if you call early...
It's best of a bad bunch under staffed like most of the GP's over the country

Jaune Mon 13-Mar-17 14:42:19

Thank you all very much indeed for your input- it is so appreciated.

All the best to you,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now