C section at Royal Hampshire hospital

(3 Posts)
Watermelon1325 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:03:34

Hello
Does anyone have any advice or feedback on elective C sections at the royal Hampshire hospital?
Thanks in advance

painting2014 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:40:54

Hi,

I had an elective C section at RHCH in Winchester in 2015.

It was a really positive experience. I was treated very well and recovered very well. At RHCH they use a Surgihoney dressing too which reduces the chance of infection in the wound.

I had one due to previous birth trauma in 2011 when my first child was born at Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton. I had an appointment with the consultant obstetrician and got an appointment for a long meeting with a consultant midwife at RHCH which was very stressful (covering the NICE guidelines, risks of the operation, reasons I wanted to have one etc) but I was then booked in for the C section at the end of the meeting.

HaPPy8 Thu 20-Apr-17 08:16:44

I have had 2 c sections there and cannot fault the care either time. I also recovered well both times. They were very very busy when i had my second one but always came if i asked for help and the staff were lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now