Parking advice please :-)

(5 Posts)
MusketeerMum Wed 19-Apr-17 14:49:33

Hello, after having a fit of the vapours at current train prices to London from oop north, I'm looking at finding a tube/overground to drive to not far from the M1, to park and go into central London by train. Stanmore looks like a good bet but it's hard to see how likely I'd be to find either unrestricted street parking or a zone that would let us park from before noon til (probably) after 7pm.

Any intel (or alternative suggestions) would be much appreciated!

Thanks

mrsglowglow Fri 21-Apr-17 06:48:28

Is it just for a one off day trip or regular parking? All street parking close to underground stations is mainly zoned permit parking. If you are prepared for a 15 minute walk then you would find street parking in Queensbury. Also stanmore and canons park but you will have a walk.

MrsMoffet Fri 21-Apr-17 17:21:01

If you're looking at Stanmore then I believe that there is unrestricted parking at the end of Pangbourne drive (see map below):

www.google.co.uk/maps/*@51*.6185058,-0.2960743,17z

MargheritaPizza Fri 21-Apr-17 18:42:27

Is it a weekday or weekend? A lot of parking restrictions here (Pinner) are weekday only. May be similar in Stanmore.

Or Stanmore tube station has a car park: www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/stanmore-stn-lul/

MusketeerMum Mon 24-Apr-17 14:09:04

Thanks everyone, I was actually travelling last Friday (probably should have said, sorry) but due to firstborn's accidentally mistyping in Google maps we ended up at Colindale. That had a car park with spaces that was only a fiver for the day. Couldn't quite believe my luck. Bet it'll never happen again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now