Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Rokeby Prep assessment

(2 Posts)
TwoSpoonsofSugar Tue 28-Jun-16 20:06:09

Can anyone advise on how hard it is to get a place at Rokeby? Where I am, it seems that parents who want to send their children to prep school send their kids to pre-prep private nurseries that help prepare the child for assessment. I didn't even realise that nurseries have leavers destinations! We won't be going down that route and will be sending our son to the non-feeder nursery up the road because this is what works for us logistically. However, I wonder if I'm disadvantaging him? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tkbmkb Sat 11-Feb-17 11:28:28

They do a ballot and so you just need to get lucky. My son got an offer after being put on a waiting list. I don't remember sending any nursery reports. I did send these reports to other schools and my son got an offer from one of the good schools. I don't think you are at a disadvantage if you are sending your child to a non feeder nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now