single mom from germany - new friends, maybe house/flat share available.

(9 Posts)
Jules1990 Thu 25-May-17 12:22:45

Hey Guys!
I´m a single mom from Germany and I plan on moving to Kingston.
I am already applying for jobs and also look for flats or houses, its just super much to pay for when you are the only person, carrying the financial things. Thats when I thought about house or flat sharing. And because I will be new, too, I would be happy if I find like minded parents to hang out with and just enjoy each others company.

I am a 26 yr old Photographer, my daughter is 7, well behaved and a friendly and happy kid. We like to be outdoors as much as possible but also enjoy some time indoors and just do nothing. (very, very rare days)

Thats all, if you would like to know more, then just drop me a line and I´ll be happy to connect with you smile

have a nice day/evening/ night

xxJules

FreeNiki Thu 25-May-17 13:45:26

You might want to look at Ham which is near Kingston. It has a German school, German bakeries and a big German community.

Jules1990 Thu 25-May-17 14:17:34

Thanks FreeNiki
I'll take a look.
I don't necessarily need German bakeries or schools ;)
I speak and understand Englisch very well and my daughter is learning it.

Are there any sites for flat and house sharing? I've heard of and checked spare room, right move and gum tree, but couldn't find any helpful posts.
If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them smile

FreeNiki Thu 25-May-17 17:05:55

I never said you didnt speak English you obviously do.

Just that the community might be easier to make friends with to start with and can point you in the right direction. but suit yourself.

you will be extremely unlikely to find a flatshare with a child. flat shares are generally for single people. many people wont want a young child in a flatshare.

Jules1990 Thu 25-May-17 17:37:37

Thanks, I know how you meant it, I just wanted to say that I will also be able to get connection to English families ;)
But I do think that, just to get a good start and see how they handled it, getting in touch with them will be very helpful.

I know that a flat/house share is pretty unlikely. And it´s totally understandable.
But I was hoping to find other single moms, that are looking for a way to afford a nice home and maybe a good friend. ;)

Lunastarfish Thu 25-May-17 20:20:54

In terms of meeting new people, especially parents, try the following websites/app

Mush
Meet-up. Com
Mummy social

Jules1990 Sat 27-May-17 15:09:36

Thank you so much! I´ll check them out!

Seaninstress Tue 13-Jun-17 08:54:58

Free kiwi, good suggestion, but touchy much? Good eggshell response from Jules 1990

Seaninstress Tue 13-Jun-17 08:56:05

*freeNiki

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now