Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Making friends

(6 Posts)
Blueskytoday Fri 17-Jun-16 21:14:20

Any advice appreciated.
I'm in my forties, children are 15 and 11, work full time.
I live in ribble valley area.
finding myself without any friends, would love to have someone to meet for chat etc.💐

claretliz Wed 04-Jan-17 14:55:49

Hello, I am newly divorced with a 13 year old son and we live with my parents in Blackburn.

Found out my real friends and now I need to make some new ones

Happy2017 Wed 04-Jan-17 17:12:06

Hi girls oh snap 40, just divorsed and well found myself very alone!
All my friends bar 1 were mainly friends of his and so I agree 'you do find out who your real friends are or not as in my case.

Iv 2 dc's older now so there out and about doing there own thing so you suddenly feel very isolated.
In in west lanc's but happy to chat anytime 😊

claretliz Wed 04-Jan-17 23:35:49

Hello ladies,

I am new to mums net and not sure if this is appropriate but it sounds like we could all do with a cup of tea and a piece of cake together.

I am willing to travel a bit but completely full of a cold at the moment but would love to meet up when I feel more human.

Happy2017 Thu 05-Jan-17 18:50:43

Hi claretilz your right who doesn't luv a cuppa & a gab ha!
We have all had the coldy flu bug over xmas too so I know how you feel it's dreadful.
And just when you think it's all gone 'one of the dc's bring another one in!

We're about are u then? Wish I loved driving I just don't seem to really enjoy it anymore especially if it's somewere Iv not been I get lost flustered all that lol
And have not got alone with my sat nav much to my dc's dismay but hey ho! Can't be great at everything.
Hope you feel better soon chick !💐

claretliz Thu 05-Jan-17 20:53:30

Hello Happy2017,

I live in Blackburn.

Still feeling rough 😷

I can travel when I feel better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now