Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Moving to Chapel Allerton

(10 Posts)
SallyMartinez Mon 23-Jan-17 23:08:00

Hi there,
My husband, 19month daughter and I are moving to Chapel Allerton next month coming all the way from Scotland! So have no idea about Leeds at all!! I'm looking for a good recommended Day Nursery or Childminder for my little girl.. I have already looked at a few but would appreciate any further recommendations smile

LocalEditorLeeds Mon 06-Mar-17 14:52:19

Hi Sally, welcome to Leeds! I hope the move has gone well? Which nurseries have you had a look at so far? I shall also post this over on the facebook page too so look out over there for some replies.

SimpleSi Tue 07-Mar-17 07:51:44

Carr Manor Children's Centre is great. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Motivated & creative staff who are really child centred.

SallyMartinez Tue 07-Mar-17 10:54:06

Hi there thank you for your comments! We have more or less settled in now smile and I've been to see Best Childcare, Holly House, Tiny Tree Day Nursery, Montesory and Carr Manor. We've actually decided on Carr Manor as they really do give a very nice and professional impression. Thanks again smile

embodypilates Mon 13-Mar-17 13:32:01

Looking for a Pilates class that's local and perfectly timed after dropping the kids off at school?

LocalEditorLeeds Sat 18-Mar-17 16:19:48

Sally that is great news, so glad you are feeling settled, there is so much to explore in this great city, you'll have a great time.

LocalEditorLeeds Sat 18-Mar-17 16:20:15

Also make sure you check out sunshine bakery, oh so good!

Elizabeth29 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:47:28

But not so hygienic!

LocalEditorLeeds Mon 27-Mar-17 14:33:47

Oh no Elizabeth, I haven't heard anything bad about it?

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Mon 27-Mar-17 16:45:50

It only got a 1 star hygiene rating from the council, mainly due I think to paperwork issues (but the basic hygiene wasn't brilliant either). I remember seeing something from the owner about it where he said he'd make sure they improved and get retested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now