What's it like to live in Skellingthorpe?

(10 Posts)
s098 Fri 28-Apr-17 13:20:55

We are looking to move areas within Lincolnshire and Skellingthorpe seems a good location for us but just checked the crime rates and they seemed quite high? 8 violent and sexual crimes in one month!?

MrsPnut Fri 28-Apr-17 13:28:13

That's quite surprising because I am sure we would have heard about that level of crime in the local news. Skellingthorpe is quite a quiet village as far as I can tell, we like the park there after a trip to Daisy Made for ice cream.

MrsPnut Fri 28-Apr-17 13:28:57

Www.thelincolnite.co.uk is the local news site

YellowBellyCat Fri 28-Apr-17 21:46:15

I'm a couple of miles from there and never heard of such crimes.

YellowBellyCat Fri 28-Apr-17 21:46:44

I wonder if they're domestic crimes rather than street crimes?

YellowBellyCat Fri 28-Apr-17 21:47:28

Nice park, woods to walk round, cycle path, schools are good I think.

s098 Sat 29-Apr-17 18:21:09

I did think maybe they'd be the sort of thing that happened behind closed doors but still seems alot. Other people have said it's a nice place but as with everywhere there's probably not so nice bits. Think we are going to go with a smaller village now smile

squashywashy Sun 30-Apr-17 14:38:32

I'm in washingborough, it's lovely around here

OldHookNose Mon 08-May-17 11:07:48

Skellingthorpe is fine, not aware of it being the crime capital of Lincs! Tbh, any of the surrounding villages are fine in that sense. If it was me, I'd look more at what facilities there are because a lot of places there isn't very much going on round here... Also check internet speed!

Saxilby has a bit more going on and it's handy to have a train station.

Note the part of Lincoln nearest Skellingthorpe called Birchwood is, let's say, patchy!

HayleyTweddle Fri 12-May-17 10:08:11

Skellingthorpe is a nice enough place but it smells so bad!!! Also, that part of the A46 can be horrendously busy during rush hour etc so although it's close to bypass links you probably won't get anywhere fast...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now