Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Letters asking for children's nationalities?

(4 Posts)
alice0210 Wed 05-Oct-16 15:40:44

Hi, has anyone received any letters from their children's school asking them to prove their child's nationality and more?

LutonSnoopy Wed 05-Oct-16 16:11:00

They shouldn't be asking for any kind of documentation or proof but all schools now have to ask about place of birth and nationality. You have no obligation to answer though and nothing will happen to you or your child if you choose not to answer.

alice0210 Wed 05-Oct-16 16:20:45

Thanks... just heard in the news that some schools were singling out some pupils and not others. Has anyone had this problem?

Chris2020 Thu 29-Dec-16 08:58:54

Yes, we got one. My children are at St Matthew's Primary School in Luton. The school has absolutely no concept of Article 8 of the Human Rights Act. They have put my family through the most horrendous experience which has left us all completely devastated. It has been bought about by their complete failure to follow the policies and procedures which have been put in place. Further they have shown complete arrogance which has compounded the situation. As a result, I am looking to take my two children away from the school. Very sadly you are not alone in the continued human rights abuses by schools.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now