performing arts

(4 Posts)
Mumagainstthetide Tue 09-May-17 12:01:52

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a drama group/performing arts academy for my 9 year old,and I don't want to choose without getting some opinions first because the fees are about £300 per term! As i'm sure you mums know our darlings like to change their minds every day. My daughter promises me this is most definitely what shes 'always wanted to do'..So before I sign up to any, can anyone recommend a place in the Trafford/Manchester area?

zanuda Fri 26-May-17 17:55:21

How about sending her to a holiday club. This holidays are short, so it will be ~4 day. If she likes the place &teachers, you could enrol her later. If not, you'll try another one.

swaying Sat 27-May-17 12:54:59

I would heartily recommend Manchester Musical youth, you might need to supplement the dance if that's your daughter's thing but their productions are outstanding and the owners live and breathe musical theatre. It's at z arts in Hulme on a Saturday morning for age 8_12 and they have just taken on new members but will only start rehearsing for their next show after half term so so well worth a ring. Or Facebook message, you know what I mean.

swaying Sat 27-May-17 12:56:44

It is £40 \ month, no extra for shows. Incidentally theren are lots of performing groups at the same venue on a book each week basis for £15/,yr per family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now