What no Meet-ups page?! Film and book group arrangements and discussion will now take place here.

(6 Posts)
LocalEditorMerton Thu 20-Apr-17 09:48:04

Hi Merton Mumsnetters

Just to say that we've revived our film meet-up group, thanks for lizkt, so if you'd like to join us, do sign up to be notified of film events we schedule in. We're hoping to do the first one in mid-June - please feel free to join the discussion.

We are hoping to alternate the film meet-ups with our ongoing and very active book group which meets every other month (the next one is on 11 May 2017).

Next week MN Local is being relaunched. Therefore all future 'meet-ups' discussion will only appear on the local Talk boards. This will hopefully make communication about joining in a meet-up more accessible for everyone.

Nothing is set in stone - we are flexible. We do tend to meet in Wimbledon just because it's most easily accessible for everyone but we are open to suggestions.

We'd love to meet you so please do come along to meet some other Merton mums and find out more.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has. And if you're interested in organising more general mummy and little ones meet-ups across the borough, please do get in touch too.

Thanks.

Kate

LocalEditorMerton Mon 24-Apr-17 13:22:09

Hi Mumsnetters

Just to flag up that with the new 'Local' redesign, the 'meet-up' pages have disappeared. All future activity relating to the Film and Book groups (and any other meetings) will be posted directly to the MN Merton & Wimbledon Talk Board here.

Just to recap:

1. Arranged - Thursday, 11 May (7.30pm at HMVCurzon) - Book Group Meet-Up

Discussing London Lies Beneath by Stella Duffy.

2. Being arranged - ? mid June Film Group Meet-Up

Details to be determined.

I will probably shortly post up individual (but ongoing) related talk threads for these two groups.

Any questions, ask away!

smile

Kate

lizkt Mon 24-Apr-17 18:15:41

Hi Kate, think we put in Thurs 15 June for film meet up.

Look forward to it kicking off.

LocalEditorMerton Mon 24-Apr-17 19:07:47

Hi lizkt glad you've found us wink. Yes, sorry, I couldn't quite remember the date details (and the meet-ups pages had already disappeared into another dimension by the time I looked to check).

lizkt Mon 24-Apr-17 19:15:08

That was a quick deletion! :-) So no more messages to our email when someone posts in the group, I guess. It will just be here.

LocalEditorMerton Mon 24-Apr-17 20:24:28

Hi lizkt

Yes there yesterday, gone today. Deletions done as the new, redesigned sites were migrated (which is still ongoing as functionality is not yet complete).

In terms of notifications, I would strongly suggest that you click on the 'Watch this thread' link at the top - then you'll be notified when someone posts something up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now