Best areas to live in MK 2017

(3 Posts)
EagleEye1933 Sun 14-May-17 20:37:07

Hi everyone

I hope that some of you will be able to offer me some good advice. My wife and I are looking to move to Milton Keynes soon and I wanted to get some opinions on the best parts to live in. We're looking to start a family so school catchment is important to us. Of course local amenities would be a bonus.

I've looked around on forums for best area to live in but can't find anything post 2014. We recently viewed a few houses, one was in Oxley Park and while the area looked nice I noticed loads of for sale and to let signs around. We decided to have a chat with a local who told us the area used to be nice but now there's lots of housing association being moved into that area and so people are starting to move out. I don't mean for that to sound mean/snobby but she told us that because of that the area has started to go down hill.

Area's that I've been looking at are, Two Mile Ash, Great Holm, Westcroft, The Shenley's, Stony Stratford, Medbourne, Middleton, Willen, Giffard Park, Walnut Tree, Newport Pagnell.

Are we on the right track? Are there others that you would suggest considering?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. smile

speakyourmindkindagirl Sun 14-May-17 20:56:30

I'm not personally a fan of Milton Keynes but used to live in Newport Pagnell which was nice. I would stay away from any estates near the centre of MK, and outskirts and go to a village or town, like Newport or Stony Stratford. It's easy to feel very lonely living in in MK as not many people walk to places and everyone drives so if you want to walk to shops, a pub and feel like you are part of a community then stay off the estates. As someone not from Milton Keynes with no friend network I have first hand experience. Oakridge Park is a new estate just past Newport Pagnell with a lovely park and canal
running alongside, Newport has good schools also and Ousedale is considered one of the best in the area. Lots of baby groups, cafes, library, good health centre and things to do whilst you are pottering around with baby. If you go into Milton Keynes on an estate you won't have this, you'll have to get into your car everyday in order to get out to anything. Stony Stratford also can offer you the same as Newport, community feel and lots going on, Woburn Sands is nice but pricey. Where are you moving from?

speakyourmindkindagirl Sun 14-May-17 20:57:47

Lots and houses on estates look nice but that's it, there's no community feel and you'll feel quite isolated. I know as I've friends living there or have moved to a town/village because of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now