Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Harrogate/ Knaresborough

(2 Posts)
Nicsywicsy Tue 14-Mar-17 12:59:15

Moving up north and looking for somewhere nice to live! We like Harrogate but not too familiar with it - where are the nicest areas? Also considering Knaresborough - is it as lovely as it sounds/looks? Or any other gems that we should consider? Thanks! grin)

FetchezLaVache Wed 15-Mar-17 09:31:05

Hi Nicsy, I'm in Harrogate and it's great. Best areas depend on what you want/need in terms of schools (do you have DCs and what age are they?), proximity to town centre, local shopping parade, railway station, the A1, access to Leeds, etc. I live in what's not considered a prime location and it's still pretty nice and close to all of the above (and a 15 minute walk to Waitrose along the Stray!)

Knaresborough is absolutely beautiful in a chocolate box kind of way, but obviously much smaller. No supermarket (other than Lidl) and shops not brilliant, but I don't know how much that would bother you!

Ripon and Boroughbridge also worth considering, if you like pretty market towns with a certain degree of gentrification and good transport links. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now