Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

What are your favourite family-friendly restaurants, pubs and cafes?

(3 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Thu 14-Apr-16 22:00:35

Mumsnet are going to be running a feature on this topic on the 28th April, based on suggestions from local editors and, we’ll be featuring family-friendly restaurants etc in our own local newsletter, on the 6th May.

We’d love to know your local favourites (the ones you’re willing to share anyway!).

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

smile

MovingArea Tue 10-May-16 18:51:10

Hi,
I'm looking at transferring with work to East Midlands airport and I'm looking at areas we could move to that would be good for work but also to be close to family (in Nottingham) - which is the reason why we're moving area. Long Eaton ticks a lot of boxes, but in the short time I had to walk around town center last week, it seemed to cater for an older audience. Does anyone know Long Eaton? Would you say it's a good place to live with kids? Are there any places in town or within a short drive that you'd recommend with young kids? I'm particularly thinking child-friendly cafes etc. as my son will be starting school next year so I don't need baby-groups etc.
Thanks in advance.

MovingArea Tue 10-May-16 18:51:48

Hi,
I'm looking at transferring with work to East Midlands airport and I'm looking at areas we could move to that would be good for work but also to be close to family (in Nottingham) - which is the reason why we're moving area. Long Eaton ticks a lot of boxes, but in the short time I had to walk around town center last week, it seemed to cater for an older audience. Does anyone know Long Eaton? Would you say it's a good place to live with kids? Are there any places in town or within a short drive that you'd recommend with young kids? I'm particularly thinking child-friendly cafes etc. as my son will be starting school next year so I don't need baby-groups etc.
Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now