Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Other mums in west Bridgford with children aged 12-18 months?

(6 Posts)
Smithy22515 Sun 12-Mar-17 16:07:41

Hello. I've been in west Bridgford now for a couple of months, having moved from London, but struggling to find new mummy friends with similar aged children. My boy is 13 months and can't walk yet... anyone around for a coffee?

Thanks!

icklekid Sun 12-Mar-17 16:59:12

Have you seen the app mush? I live in Bridgford and met mums through it. Mine are 2.5 and 7 months sorry!

Rowlers Sun 12-Mar-17 21:49:52

My DCs are older now but there are loads of baby groups in WB
This list is a bit old but I suspect most of these are still going

westbridgfordwire.com/baby-and-toddler-groups-west-bridgford/

LocalEditorNottingham Sun 12-Mar-17 23:10:51

The Baby and Toddler Group listings on this site aren't too bad either wink

Hope you find some mums to meet up with soon OP brew

Silenenutans Mon 13-Mar-17 13:44:05

Another one who no longer has children the right age. It's a tricky age isn't it, as you're past the 'baby drop in' things. Sorry if you've already gone round the 'groups' options but I think there are some groups and classes that work much better than others for getting to know people e.g. classes where there's interaction with the group, not just your own child (e.g. baby signing perhaps?), or opportunity / likelihood of people staying for coffee afterwards.

At that age we loved the toddler group at Patrick Rd Methodist Church on Wednesdays. The mornings were busy, more people who already knew each other meeting up but the afternoons were quieter, so you could end up chatting with everyone in the baby room.

Caterpillar Music was fun and relaxed. From 2yrs we loved Little Playhouse at The Playhouse in town - everyone had coffee together afterwards.

Smithy22515 Mon 13-Mar-17 15:02:06

Thank you. Yes I have been around the groups and either made friends with people with 5 and 3 year olds or with mum's who are moving away (!). So generally it's been a lack of similar ages children and their mums full stop - I'm reasonably happy to chat to new people but there are occasionally cliquey groups which are hard to crack! And mum's with older children also aren't available to meet during the awkward gap in the day for me between 3-5pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now